HappyFeet COVID-19 Updates
Updated Last: November 9th, 2021
As of 11/9/2021, Seattle HappyFeet has had Zero (0) cases of COVID-19 in our coaches, and 0 cases of COVID-19 in our players or families as a result of coaching/participating in our leagues or weekly classes.
Weekly Classes at Partner Schools
We have returned to a number of our partner schools! We are very excited to be able to work with our HappyFeeters again. The choice of when we return is entirely up to each schools leadership staff. We understand that some are wishing to wait until later. We are taking a number of precautions as we return to schools and will continue to do so, as we work to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You can see if classes have returned to your child's school here.
Increased Safety Measures
As we return to in person classes we are taking the following increased precautions to ensure the safety of our HappyFeeters, Partner Schools, and Coaches. We will continue to to modify these as updates are made and recommendations are provided by both the State of Washington and the CDC. The precautions include but are not limited to the following:
- All staff is asked to remain home should they feel sick regardless of symptoms to ensure we are not spreading other illness that may cause others to become at risk for further complications should they contract COVID-19.
- All staff that shows any symptoms of COVID-19 are required to remain out of child care centers for at least 14 days or until a negative COVID-19 test is received.
- Coaches are required to wear masks during the entire time they are in a school and coaching.
- Our "Bob" soccer balls and equipment will be disinfected according to CDC guidelines after each school. Each school is given the option to keep their own set of "Bobs" during this time.
- Coaches will wash hands before entering and leaving a school.
- Coaches will refrain from high fives and activities that increase the likelihood of spreading disease.
- We will remove "Stampy" and use "invisible Stampies" or stickers.
Outdoor League & Park Class Updates
We have worked to develop the following Return to Play Policy for any current outdoor programming currently going on. This policy includes but is not limited to all players/spectators ages 5 and up to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status, temperature/health screening for all coaches/players prior to play each day, and a limit of one spectator per player. Please advise that changes and updates may be made to this policy based on the most current recommendations provided by the State of Washington and the CDC.
Indoor League & Clinc Updates
We have worked to develop the following Return to Play Policy for any current outdoor programming currently going on. This policy includes but is not limited to all players/spectators ages 3 and up to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status, temperature/health screening for all coaches, players, and spectators prior to play each day, and a limit of one spectator per player. Please advise that changes and updates may be made to this policy based on the most current recommendations provided by the State of Washington and the CDC.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
We are continuing to follow guidelines being provided by Federal, State and Local leaders as it pertains to vaccination requirements for our coaches, players, and spectators. At this time all of our school and indoor coaches are required to be vaccinated or provide a valid exemption in accordance with Proclamation 21-14 issued by Governor Inslee. We will cotninue to work with State and Local leaders as it pertains to potential future requirements for outdoor league coaches.
We are a small local company that is working to continue to provide for our coaches so that they are able to provide for themselves and their families. We greatly appreciate your continued support during this time. We are looking to continue to abide by our 30 day cancellation policy, so that we are able to plan accordingly as it pertains to staff compensation. Any potential makeup classes or refunds due to extended class cancellations at schools will be determined once we return to the center and begin classes again.
We do understand that this crisis may also be effecting our families financially and we urge you to reach out if that is the case. Our intention is not to upset or burden our families in anyway. Should you feel these policies do not fit the situation, please let us know so potential adjustments can be made accordingly.